If 2015 was following the patterns of the past, this April Adam would come home from work and tell me there’s a job opportunity somewhere totally random, and by the first weekend in May we’d be moving across the country. Every two years, like clockwork. First to Olympia, and then two years later to Alaska, and right on our two year Alaska anniversary, we were off to Chicago.
BUT! Not this year! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW AMAZING THAT IS?!?!?!?!?!?! I don’t think you can comprehend the excitement in my voice.
So, this means that 2015 we’ll still be in the Midwest! This means we’re still exploring, still able to check off a “must-see-must-do” list. Living in the Midwest isn’t even half as exciting as living in Alaska was, but I’m determined to keep seeing new things and continue exploring this place we call home. No official resolutions this year except in the exploration department. Here’s what I’m hoping to tackle in the Midwest in 2015.
- Spend a day trip, or better yet an overnight exploring the historic downtown of Galena, IL
- Eat at Girl & the Goat
- Have a drink at the Signature Room in the Hancock Tower
- Ice skate the Maggie Daley Park Ice Skating Ribbon
- See a Blackhawks game
- Go to the Shedd Aquarium
- Ice skate at 4 new outdoor ice skating rinks
- Stand up paddle in Lake Michigan
- Visit Starved Rock State Park
- Cross-country ski in Wisconsin
- Visit the Anderson Japanese Gardens in Rockford, IL in the fall
- Take a kayak/canoe trip in the fall
- Rent a Divvy bike in the summer and ride along Lake Shore Drive
- Visit Door County, WI for a long weekend
- Go camping in IL or WI
It isn’t the biggest list, and it isn’t as exciting as it was writing up our “must-see-must-do” list for when we lived in Alaska, but this is where we live and I want to make sure to continue to see and do all we can here.
The more we explore, the more we’ll fall in love with this flat place we now call home.