Missed a previous bump photo roundup and just need to see my midsection? Check out my Bump Photos HERE.
Week 36 – What is there to say about week 36… nothing crazy honestly. At this point I feel like it’s all just a waiting game. I try to take each day one at a time, helps me focus less on how uncomfortable or slow or big I might be feeling and just lets me work through the day at hand. Before I know it I keep looking at the calendar and realizing it’s time for another weekly bump photo.
Week 36 I marked off hilarious milestones such as wearing an XL ugly Christmas sweater for my work party and taking the world’s least flattering photo. Sadly, I did not win. What a shame, look at this nonsense!
Other interesting things about making it through week 36 of pregnancy:
- This week I had my first time where my feet were so swollen by the end of the day wearing boots that I just took them off and went shoeless for the rest of the day. Thankfully it has only happened once so far.
- Getting ready for my maternity leave feels like the biggest stress in my life these last couple months, more than planning to have this baby. But, I feel like I’m making huge strides lately and wrapping a lot of things up, but I never thought leaving for three months would be so hard to get ready for. Ready for this break I tell ya.
- I found a few small varicose veins on my ASS of all places. This is not a cute development. At least they’re covered by the sexy granny-panties I wear.
- We installed the car seats this weekend. What a step!
- Weekly doctor appointment showed that I’m not dilated yet but my cervix has started dropping and softening. I felt like the weirdest pregnant lady ever for being excited about the lack of dilation. Most preggo ladies are begging for their kids to come a little early, me I’m still holding onto the fact that baby can not be born before Jan 1st and until we get there I’m ok with minimal changes in operation birth of Baby Jones.
- I am getting up 6-8+ times a night to pee currently. If another person tells me to sleep now while I can I will stab them in the neck with a rusty fork.
- The nursery was finally considered “done” this weekend and Adam spent Sunday taking photos of every little detail so I could post the reveal on the blog. I have never had so much fun decorating a room and I can’t wait to show Baby Jones what we made for her.
Basically it’s all a waiting game at this point. I’m uncomfortable, I’m slow, I look in the mirror and I can’t imagine how in the world I’m supposed to get any bigger, but there are still three, maybe even four weeks to go.
I will say now that all the “big” stuff feels finished and we’re so stinking close to the end so the reality that I have to give birth has become a lot more real. And, honestly a bit more scary. I feel like I know all I can know about the process at this point without having done it before, and I’m just going to have to get through it like everyone else, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. We’ll all get through it and it’s worth it in the end because when I’m done I get to meet our little nugget, but oh shit you guys. I have to get this baby out of me somehow. Send help.