18 days. Only 18 days left until we pile in the car and head West. Currently the following is giving me heart palpitations:
- Adam will be traveling for work 6 of these 18 remaining days.
- Our entire three bedroom home with a full garage of crap and an entire basement full of more crap still needs to be fully boxed up and ready to be loaded into a 17 ft container being delivered to our driveway on March 18th.
- It is impossible for me to help Adam pack very well when on the weekends I am usually wrangling the baby, and Adam is doing the packing. I would say at this point we are about 1/4th of the way fully packed. This means there is still a LOT of packing. A lot.
- When the container arrives Adam currently has planned to load the entire thing with every single one of our belongings, 100% by himself. I am extremely concerned that this will likely kill him. He temporarily believes he is The Hulk. I am scared.
- Beginning on March 18th I will no longer have any of my kitchen, most of my clothes, or even my furniture. For the week following the 18th I will live like a squatter in my own home. This does not excite me.
- I just booked the shipment of my car to Seattle. They plan to take my car from me the week of the 20th. Which means somewhere in our final week in IL I will not have a kitchen, most of my clothes, any furniture, or a car. This also does not excite me.
- After stressing about my job search for essentially the entire month of February, suddenly the job gods smiled on me and the interviews have been pouring in! This is wonderful, exciting news, but it is also exhausting. I am currently in process of interviewing with about 6 different companies. All of which could still result in exactly zero job offers.
- I recently began researching daycare locations in our new Seattle neighborhood and quickly realized two things. #1 – that there are very few traditional daycare locations in Seattle (which I found really odd), and #2 – that they all have 1-2 year waiting lists. I SHIT YOU NOT. One location asked me if I would like to signup for their 18+ month waitlist. Nellie will likely be able to speak in full sentences by then. I think I’m gonna need somewhere else for her to go in the meantime, thankyouverymuch!
- My attempts to convince Adam to rent an RV for our drive from Chicago to Seattle have fallen on deaf ears. I even went so far as to call Cruise America just to see what renting an RV for our drive would cost and I was SHOCKED to find it was going to cost a grand total of only $386 dollars and we’d get a $250 gas gift card. I am not making this up! Apparently they make all the RVs in Chicago, so in March and April Cruise America is basically begging people to help them get all these things to the west coast before summer. Even this, finding out that it was going to essentially be cheap as hell I still can’t get Adam on board. This shocks and saddens me. The idea of having a mobile bathroom, kitchen and living space for us and not having to A. live in a car cabin for 5 days, and B. schlep ourselves in and out of hotels all week long sound SOOOOOO good, and yet, Adam refuses. He’s trying to kill me with this move. Why does he hate me so?
So basically I’m drowning here a wee bit and as much as I feel like on one hand I need more time to get everything done, on the other I’m over it and I just want to leave tomorrow. I thought having 2.5 months to pull off this move was going to be easier than our previous 3 week rush moves, and now I’m wishing it all would just hurry up already. I know from previous experience that it will all work out and before I know it I’ll be pulling into our driveway of the new house, but until then I’m struggling a wee bit and often attempting to live in complete denial of what all needs to still get done.
Help us. Please.